Planning a trip to Sikkim! Are you excited and confused at the same time about what to do once you step down on the land of peace and tranquillity! There are uncountable things to do in Sikkim. It is the most delightful places across the globe. You will observe the 28 mountain peaks, 21 glaciers, 227 high altitude trekking areas, five hot springs and over hundreds of river and streams altogether. The crisp beauty of the cascades surrounded by the mountains all together creates an immense happiness of being at the center of the magnificent nature’s creation.
Top things to do in Sikkim
1. To enjoy the Sikkimese atmosphere, you just visit the Tongaba-Bar to witness the taste of the local beer which has strong ritual among the tribes – which is to give the drinker a mild kick.
3. Visit the Monasteries like,
- The Rumtek monastery, for witnessing the Tibetian architecture and precious stone studded decors which include, the rubies, diamonds, gold and precious metals as well.
- Enchey Monastery, for witnessing the belief of protecting deities at Khangchendzonga and Yabdean
- Dubdi monastery, for witnessing the oldest monasteries built in the year of 1701at a Yuksum hill top.
4. Experience the River rafting adventure on the Teesta dnd rangit river which seems totally out of the world feeling.
5. Sikkim Tour packages do have the Trekking facility is some of the cases, or you may urge to enjoy the adventure, especially in the months of October to December.
6. Many adventurous individuals do try out mountaineering adventure on the lap of the Mountain Kanchendzonga, for exploring the excellent spotless beauty of nature.
7. Visit the lakes like, Tsomgo lake, Gurudongmar Lake, Khecheopalri lake (west Sikkim), Lampokari Lake (east Sikkim) and Menmecho Lake for witnessing the magnificence of the natures; a creation which turns crystal like in the months of Winter.
The craze of the enthusiastic travelers are increasing day by days, thus Sikkim tourism has grabbed a high position in offering super class facility and tour packages.